Monday, November 21, 2011

Marta Penter

A friend recently introduced me to Brazilian artist Marta Penter. She does some amazing photo-realistic paintings of women, with her focus on the lower half of the body. I too have an interest in painting legs and feet because they are so curvy and intricate. I also enjoy foreshortened perspectives of figure drawing, in which she has an obvious interest. Unlike myself, Marta paints in predominantly black and white and I have to admit that I love the results. I would be less successful in black and white however because I'm not a photo-realistic painter like Marta. Among her many series, Marta painted subjects on the beach, which was why she was initially recommended to me.

Somos uma somos duas somos trĂªs, 2008



Somos jeans sedas e veludos, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment