Sunday, December 11, 2011

David Hockney

Ok first of all, I love David Hockney's website and how you have to agree to not copyright any of his images prior to entering the site. All artist's should have that feature. 
Secondly, his work is great. He is yet another artist who exhibits a true and well warranted appreciation for nature and color. It is evident through his portfolio that he has done several series of subjects in his work, which is a great way to enhance your skills and understanding of the subject matter. Furthermore, he has experimented with various forms of art media and artistic expression, including stage design. I too try to dabble with series in my work and I am not yet limiting myself to one medium. 
"A Bigger Splash" 1967 acrylic on canvas
I chose to include this image because the water relates to my own work, but his other pieces are worth looking at!

No comments:

Post a Comment