Sunday, October 16, 2011

Self-Portrait

Hokay so, here's my "finished" self-portrait! I'm really pleased with it, but I'm sure I'll go back and rework it one day. For now though, I might go crazy if I keep looking at it. There's something very introspective about working on a self-portrait, more so than any other subject matter. 

I used a photo as a reference to complete this. As you can see below, I have a skewed vision of myself when I work with only a mirror. This self-portrait was done a week prior to the painting above. Maybe the hair resembles mine? Everything else belongs to another person. 


Below is an image of the progress of this painting. I really struggled with the eyes at first, it's amazing what those small details, like shadow, can do. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment